List of Pharmacy Schools in Canada for Masters (MSc) Students
In this Course, we are going to look into critically, Pharmacy Schools in Canada for Masters. We’ll Examine The postgraduate pharmacy courses in Canada and also Intending opportunities for Students to study Pharmacy in Canada.
Pharmacy deals with the study of Health Sciences related to drug information, medical formulations and clinical services to create a better living. A Masters degree in Pharmacy combines this knowledge with practical experience creating experts in this field.
Canada, with its well-developed resources and opportunities, serves to be an ideal destination for International students who wish to pursue an MSc in Pharmacy. This article List of Pharmacy Schools in Canada for Masters (MSc) Students.
The Canada pharmacy colleges list comprises of Universities that have made waves in the world. The Universities here have high Acceptance rate for International and Local Students in and out of Canada. They have Pharmacy programs for Undergraduates and PhD too, but for this course, we focus mainly Masters Students
UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO:
- It is a top-league University for Research and Medical Sciences well-reputed for its consistent, quality education.
- The Master of Science degree in Pharmacy allows the student to specialize in any of the following areas of research namely:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems and Nanomedicine
- Pharmacotherapy Evaluation
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Rational Drug Design and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacodynamics and Toxicology
- Clinical and Post-Marketing
- Phases of Drug Discovery
- Evaluation of Outcomes and
- The admission requirements include a minimum average of 78% in the undergraduate studies, academic transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation and a supplementary information form.
- M.S is offered both part-time and full-time with the coursework including a minimum of three one-term courses each 0.5 unit weight, academic integrity workshop, thesis proposal, and thesis defense.
- A minimum of 70% in all the courses is required for completion of the M.S program.
- Guaranteed funding is proposed for all graduate students through studentships, assistantships, scholarships, awards, and grants.
UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA:
- It is a top research institute well reputed for its courses in Pharmacy, distinguished faculty and alumni.
- M.S in Pharmacy is a full-time thesis-based program with a minimum of 2 years comprising of two four-month terms with specializations in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pharmacy Practice.
- Academic requirements include TOEFL (550 for paper-based; 213 for computer-based; 88 for internet-based) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5), a 4-year undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3 out of 4, statement of purpose, resume, previous work experience, GRE and letters of recommendation.
- Funding sources include awards, scholarships, assistantships, and Bursaries.
- Dalhousie University is Canada’s oldest and most premium research institute known for its practical based educational training.
- It offers M.S in Pharmacology as well as Pharmaceutical Science with a typical time span of 2 years each.
- M.S in Pharmacology is thesis-based with research focused on cancer, cardiovascular and muscle diseases, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, epilepsy, and drug abuse. The admission requirements for the same include a minimum average of A- in the undergraduate program along with a good TOEFL score.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science is research-intensive and imparts competence in the chosen specialization. The academic requirements for the same include a minimum average of B+ in the undergraduate course along with a good TOEFL score.
- Funding is available in the form of assistantships and scholarships.
MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND:
- It is a large Public University in Canada well known for its Pharmacy-related courses.
- The M.S in Pharmacy is offered by the Health Sciences Center affiliated to the Janeway Child Health and Rehabilitation Center providing education in 5 areas namely: Medicinal Chemistry/Drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties;
- Pharmacology/Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons; Pharmacology-Pharmacokinetics/Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases; Therapeutic Drug Monitoring; Pharmacoepidemiology.
- Admission requirements include a minimum average of 75% in the undergraduate program along with good TOEFL scores.
- Funding Opportunities are available in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:
- The University of Toronto is a top-notch University well known in Canada for its quality education.
- M.S program is offered in Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as Pharmacology and Toxicology with a minimum admission requirement of B in the undergraduate course and good TOEFL scores.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science offers research in the various areas of Pharmacology, Toxicology, Pharmaceutics, and Pharmacokinetics.
- Funding Opportunities are available for International students through assistantships and awards.
While an M.S in Pharmacy degree offers a wide range of opportunities in the health science sector and Canada providing ample career-based development, the combination makes it the ideal destination for international students.
- Pharmacology vs Pharmacy: Amazing Differences You Must Know
- List of Cheapest Universities in Canada for Masters degree, 2019
- 15 Best Civil Engineering Schools in Canada 2019
- 20 Best boarding schools in Canada 2019-2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.