Top 10 Easiest Steps to Apply And Win A Fulbright Scholarship
In one of our previous post, How can I get a scholarship to study abroad? See 11 Perfect Answers we answered so many questions that have to do with finding the right scholarship for you and in another post we listed fully funded scholarships for international students of which Fulbright scholarship is one of them.
Fulbright is a Foreign Student Program that enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists, from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States at U.S. universities or other academic institutions.
It was designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
The participants are chosen based on their academic merit and leadership potential – with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. The Fulbright Program is an important element of the United States’ bilateral relationships with countries around the world. U.S. and foreign governments jointly set priorities for the exchanges.
Who is eligible for the Fulbright scholarship programme?
The Program eligibility and selection procedures varies greatly by country. click here country specific websites to find specific information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
10 step by step procedures To Apply for Fulbright Scholarship in every country
The Fulbright Program’s application process is lengthy and rigorous, but prospective applicants are encouraged to consider carefully their intentions, goals, future plans and prospective projects before applying for a Fulbright grant. Applicants for the Scholar and Teacher Exchange programs may also need to consider additional work-related issues (for instance, campus leave policies) before applying.
- Contact the Fulbright Program Adviser at your school to discuss the campus application process (pertains only to candidates applying through a U.S. institution).
- Carefully review the program summary for the country to which you are applying.
- Draft a Statement of Grant Purpose that is feasible and culturally appropriate for the country of application.
- Identify a potential affiliation in the host country and make contact with an appropriate person there who might be able to serve as an adviser and who could write the Affiliation Letter for the Fulbright application. Provide the author of the affiliation letter with a copy of your Statement of Grant Purpose.
- Draft a Personal Statement that provides the screening committee members with a fuller picture of who you are and what has motivated you to pursue this Fulbright opportunity.
- Consult with professors and/or colleagues with background in the country to which you are applying or those who have expertise in the field of study of the proposed project.
- Solicit critiques on the draft Statement of Grant Purpose from professors, advisers, mentors, colleagues, etc., and make revisions as appropriate.
- Contact 3 individuals to write recommendations. These individuals should be those who can best speak to your ability to carry out the project being proposed. You should provide a copy of your Statement of Grant Purpose to each recommender.
- For candidates submitting Foreign Language Evaluations: Contact the professor or other professional foreign language instructor who will complete the Foreign Language Evaluation form for the application.
- Obtain transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
READ ALSO: 10 Reasons You Should Study Abroad
Before Submitting the Application
- Make any necessary revisions based on feedback from the Campus Interview Committee (pertains only to candidates applying through a U.S. institution).
- Check for typos—misspellings, capitalization errors, grammatical mistakes, etc.
- Make sure that all of the required fields on the Biographical Data pages have been filled in, including the Project Title and Abstract of Proposal sections.
- Check to make sure that the Statement of Grant Purpose, the Personal Statement, and the transcripts have been uploaded into the correct sections of the application.
- Confirm that recommenders and language evaluators have submitted their documents.
- Preview the completed application in the Embark system.
- Print a copy of the application for your records.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
- USA Indonesia Fullbright Scholarships for Visiting Research Program 2019
- Doodle for Google 2019 Contest in USA | INDIA
- Fulbright U.S.-Germany International Education Exchange Program
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program for French Candidates at American Universities, 2019-2020
- $100,000 Siemens Competition for High School Students
- Easiest ways to process MIT transfer in 2019
- Fulbright Scholarship Program for UAE Students in USA, 2019
- The Blair Hanson Scholarship 2019-2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. Remember to leave a Comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question.