Government of Hungary Scholarship Program for Christian Young People
The Hungarian Scholarship For Young Christain Students 2019-2020 Application is open, Are you excited? The Young Christain Scholarship Hungary 2019 is worth a lot. Take your time and go through the content, the World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need to win the Hungary Scholarship for Young Christain. Check it out now.
Hungary is rapidly becoming a study abroad destination; this could be the fact that it is a member of the European Union and a Schengen state. Higher education is conducted according to the Bologna System enabling students to transfer from one EU University to the other. Diplomas are consequently accepted everywhere in the European Union.
Hungary is a unitary parliamentary republic a landlocked country in Central Europe. Its capital, Budapest, is bisected by the Danube River. It is bordered by Slovakia to the north, Romania to the east, Serbia to the south, Croatia to the southwest, Slovenia to the west, Austria to the northwest, and Ukraine to the northeast.
About the Young Christain Scholarship Hungary 2019
The core mission of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
The Scholarship Program for Christian Young People is managed by the Government of Hungary’s Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and organized by the Tempus Public Foundation.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to the improvement of social situation and preservation of the culture of Christian communities.
All You Need To Know About The Young Christain Scholarship 2019
Level/Field of Study
Hungary Scholarship for Young Christain is available for bachelor, master, and one-tier master programmes. The list of available study programmes is accessible in this call on the official website.
In the Hungarian education system, one-tier master programmes cover both the bachelor and the master level of studies; therefore it is an undivided master programme that results in a master degree. These one-tier programmes are offered in specific study fields such as general medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, architecture, law, veterinary surgery, forestry engineering, etc.
The Scholarship is hosted in Hungary. To check for other scholarship and grants opportunities available in Hungary Follow the link.
Citizens of the following countries:
Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, and Nigeria.
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship:
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend – bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 119 000 (cca. EUR 380) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Accommodation – dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of travel costs – HUF 200 000 /year (cca. EUR 645)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
Young Christain Scholarship Hungary 2019 Eligibility
The Scholarship Programme is based on the cooperation between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and churches, pursuing humanitarian activities in crisis regions. For the 2017/18 academic year, the scholarship is announced for the citizens of the countries listed below.
- The applicants may not have Hungarian citizenship.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community. List of Churches is to be found in Annex 1 on the official website. Only those applications can be awarded with scholarship, which also possesses the recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts in Hungary.
- An individual may win the scholarship only one time at a study level.
Applications are considered formally eligible if all criteria are met:
- the applicant is eligible for participation in the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has applied for a scholarship type and study programme available within the framework of the Scholarship Programme;
- the applicant has submitted the application and all documents as required no later than the application deadline (except for cases listed in section 3.3.);
- the applicant has proved his/her language proficiency and the language skills meet the requirements of the Host Institution.
Applicants with an eligible, formally correct application can proceed to the institutional entrance examinations. Each applicant can participate in up to two institutional entrance examinations – based on the submitted application form.
Recognized Host Institutions, as compiled by the Deputy State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians. This is accessible in this call on the official website
Depends on if its full time or partial studies. Full-time programmes for Bachelor is 2-4 years, for Masters is 1.5-2 years and for One-tier master is 5-6 years. All partial programmes at Bachelor, masters or one-tier masters are for 1 or 2 semesters.
How To Apply
All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of the Programme. Upon registration, the applicants will be able to access the application surface. All applicants must fill out and save all requested information on the online application form in the English language and also present all relevant documents before the deadline below. No hard copies are required.
Each applicant is entitled to apply for up to two different study programmes, in order of preference. Once the application has been submitted, the order of preference can no more be changed by the applicant.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information (including the list of Required Application Documents) on how to apply for this scholarship programme.
Deadline For Young Christain Scholarship Hungary 2019-2020
The deadline for the application of Young Christain Scholarship Hungary 2019 is 20th March, Yearly.