Study in Cyprus: Tuition Fees, Cost of Living, Admission Requirements Plus List of Universities
You know studying in Cyprus can be interesting because of the conducive nature the country’s environment which is perfect for studying. Here in our forum, we have relevant and important information on Cyprus Universities Tuition Fees, Cost of Living, Admission Requirements Plus List of Universities in the country for students who want to study in Cyprus.
Cyprus is located in the south of Turkey on an island in the Mediterranean Sea just after Sardinia, it is also close to Sicily. Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Cyprus is geographically located in Asia but it is politically a European country and also a member of the EU.
More than 63,000 university students from over 131 different countries are currently enrolled in twelve major universities in Cyprus. If you desire education with a nice and conducive environment where you can also meet different people from different culture, then you should consider on how to study in Cyprus.
COST OF STUDYING IN CYPRUS
For international students, tuition fees differ depending on both the degree type (e.g. Bachelor and Masters). The tuition fee for international bachelor undergraduate students is below 3500Euros per annum except when the course of study is Pharmacy, which the annual cost is about 7000 Euros. The tuition fee of the Masters/Ph.D. postgraduate programs is between 2000 and 2500 Euros which depends on the course of study.
COST OF LIVING IN CYPRUS
Unless you’re on a tour to visit the beaches or to take scuba diving lessons complimented with the great meals prepared for tourists interested in the aquatic life, you’ll spend a lot less than you would have spent studying in most cities in Europe.
Average the cost of living for international students is in-between €300-€650 monthly. Feeding is cheap, taxis charge fairly, and once you start acquainting with the locals you’ll barely pay a dime for the nightlife.
Since 1951, the rail network in Cyprus has not been functioning, buses are fairly expensive but readily available. Though people prefer to use the taxis because reliable routes can be limited, in Cyprus, groceries are cheaper when compared to their cost in the United Kingdom, especially when it involves meat and fresh fruits, restaurant meals are generally cheaper as well. Prices of things vary and this depends mostly on the producer or the suppliers.
Read also:Cost of Studying and Living in Poland
Average consumable goods prices from June 2016.
- Two-bedroom house (furnished) £620
- Two-bedroom house (Unfurnished) £570
- Two-bedroom apartment (furnished) £590
- Two-bedroom apartment (unfurnished) £550
- Eggs (Dozen) £2.50
- Milk per litre £1.30
- Rice per kg £1.60
- Bread £1.40
- Chicken breast per kg £7.50
- Big Mac £6
- Soda (330ml) £1.25
- Cappuccino £2.90
- Local beer £3
Household Utilities per month
- Rate per mobile call £0.10
- Uncapped internet £35
- Basic household utilities £120
- Gas £1.21
- Taxi per km £1
The admission requirement for entry into an undergraduate programme of any study is a recognized High School Leaving Certificate. Some programmes may have additional requirements, the applicant must submit a certified copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate or the equivalent, demonstrating that he/she has suitably graduated from secondary school, and must arrange for other significant certified documents, such as:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Matriculation Examination Certificate
- Upper Secondary
- Secondary School
- High School or Senior High School Leaving Certificate
- General Certificates of Secondary Education (GCSE)
- Secondary Education Certificate
- Senior School Certificate
Note: All courses are lectured in English.
For Undergraduate Studies
Students must be in possession of a secondary school leaving certificate in order to qualify for admission into the bachelor degree programme in Cyprus tertiary education institutions.
- copy of Secondary School Certificate (scanned)
- copy international travel passport (scanned)
- A copy of proof of English Proficiency if any
- Full Transcript for transfer students
- passport-sized photograph (one)
For Master and Ph.D./Doctorate Studies
Students must hold a valid master’s degree for admission into the Ph.D. programme and also an appropriate undergraduate degree for admission into the master degree.
- Copies of diplomas received from a tertiary institution or university (scanned)
- Graduate Program English Language Requirement (optional)
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken in the previous university.
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. (if available)
- Photocopy of the student’s international travel passport.
Application Procedure for Higher Education Institutions
Language Requirements- Students are required to have a valid level of knowledge in either English or Greek language or both depending on the language of the academic programme.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Academic transcripts for masters & Ph.D. students
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photographs (two).
- Receipt of tuition payment.
- Greek language knowledge certificate (if any).
- A letter of Acceptance issued by the tertiary education institution.
- Curriculum vitae which must include your name, phone contact details, educational backgrounds, level of professional experience (if any), academic honors, awards and research publications (if any), leisure activities or hobbies, also references should be included.
- College or school leaving certificate.
- A signed letter of recommendation from two or more reputable people.
- Financial stability evidence.
- Ph.D. programme master thesis.
- Medical examination report which includes TB, X-Ray, and Hepatitis B, etc. Also, international students are required to tender a medical examination certificate or report of fitness to the tertiary education institution of interest.
- A brief not which includes the students’ goals and interests based on research or academic career.
- A research project proposal which will be done during the doctorate/Ph.D. studies.
ACADEMIC INTAKE PERIOD
To Study in Cyprus, The academic year is divided into the Autumn Semester which runs from September to December, and the Spring Semester which lasts from January to April. Other universities can have shorter sessions than this (autumn and spring semesters). New students can join either in the autumn or the spring semester to study regular or English language preparatory courses.
Application and documentation is scrutinized and if the student is found eligible for admittance into the study programme, a conditional offer letter is issued. Students who receive the offer letter are required to pay the required tuition fee to the relevant tertiary education institution/university.
Admission criteria vary depending on specific higher education institution requirements. Contact the respective tertiary education institution to know more about the application procedure.
After a student has accepted the final acceptance letter to Study in Cyprus, he or she will be required to pay the tuition fees which would enable them to get a visa from the nearest Cyprus embassy.
List of Universities to study in Cyprus
- University of Cyprus
- Cyprus University of Technology Limassol
- Cyprus Science University
- Open University of Cyprus
- European University Cyprus
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- Near East University
- Neapolis University Paphos
- Frederick University
- University of Nicosia
- Girne American University
- European University of Lefke
- Cyprus International University
- University of Kyrenia
- British University of Nicosia
- University of Mediterranean
- Study in Cyprus: Top 21 Universities and their Tuition Fees
- List of Cyprus Scholarships for International Students 2019-2020
- Israel Scholarships for International students 2019-2020
- Top 5 scholarships to study in Cyprus 2019
- Cyprus International Institute of Management Scholarships, 2018
- Kiel University International Scholarships: Study in Asia, Europe, and North America,
- 21 Free Universities in Cyprus for International Students
- Study in Cyprus: Cheapest Universities in Cyprus 2019-2020
- Oxford-Robert and Soulla Kyprianou Scholarships [Fully-Funded]