University Of Andorra Cost of Living & Low Tuition Fee
We are glad to announce to you that you can Study in Andorra and that the University of Andorra has made an effort to create an opportunity for their students by making the cost of living in Andorra so cheap and University of Andorra tuition fee affordable.
Andorra, officially known as the Principality of Andorra, is a landlocked mountainous area in the Pyrenees Mountains sandwiched between France and Spain.
With an area of just 468 km² and a population of about 85,000 people, it is the fifth smallest country in Europe.
Study abroad students to Andorra would have the distinction of studying in the highest capital city in Europe. Andorra la Vella, the capital, is approximately 1,023 meters above sea level.
Which is why the dominant outdoor activity is mountain skiing attracting a lot of tourists. As a matter of fact, tourism is one of the major industries in this tiny nation.
Reasons to Study in Andorra
1. International students would have the opportunity to become multilingual as Catalan, the official language is commonly spoken as well as French, Spanish and Portuguese.
2. The living cost and tuition at the only university are comparatively low..
3. The triple education system gives international students choices from either French, Spanish or Andorran education system.
4. English-speaking students would not feel lost as many people here speak English
Cost of Living in Andorra
The cost of living in Andorra largely depends on the lifestyle and the location of the student. However, since the country is so small, the disparity in prices between locations would be almost non-existent.
Comparatively, it is cheaper to live in Andorra than in many other locations in Europe. For instance, the cost of living, inclusive of rent, in Toulouse (France) is about 32% higher than in Andorra la Vella.
In the same vein, the cost of living plus rent in Zaragoza (Spain) is about 3% higher than in Andorra la Vella.
Students should expect to spend an average of €1000 monthly. This should cover the cost of rent, utilities, transport, food, and other incidentals.
Getting a Visa to Study in Andorra
Entry into Andorra is either through France or Spain. Therefore, students from non-EU countries must obtain a travel visa for either of these two countries first.
Information on how to get these visas can be obtained from the embassies of these countries near you.
However, students requiring a Schengen visa must have a double or multiple entry Schengen visas that would enable them to enter Andorra. Contact the Andorran Foreign Affairs ministry for all the information you need on this.
On arrival in Andorra, all foreign students from outside the EU must apply for a student immigration permit. The International Student Service of the University would guide you on the procedure for getting this permit.
You would need the following documents for the student permit though:
- An official admission letter from the University
- Bank statement or proof of having enough funds to study in the country
- Evidence of payment of tuition
- Medical insurance
- Traveling passport
These documents would also be needed before you get a visa to travel to France or Spain.
How to apply to the University of Andorra
Study abroad students can apply to the University of Andorra through their online portal. All documents required for the application, except they are in French, Spanish, English or Portuguese, must be translated to Catalan.
All the documents required for a successful application are listed on the application form. Photocopies of original documents must be verified by the awarding institution in your country.
Tuition fees at the University of Andorra depend on the program and the duration of the program. The fees are also subject to change at any time.
On average, international students would pay between €750 – €1,800 for undergraduate programs per semester. While postgraduate programs per semester cost between €1,800 and €3,700.
Further information on specific tuition charged for each course can be obtained from the respective faculties.
Faculties in the University of Andorra
The University of Andorra offers both bachelor’s and postgraduate degrees in the following faculties
- Arts and Humanities
- Business and social sciences
- Language and Cultural
- Medicine and Health
- Science and technology
Living on Campus
The University of Andorra provides campus housing for all students. However, this not guaranteed.
If accommodation on campus is not available, the university’s International Student Service would be on hand to assist you in getting accommodation.
FOR MORE VISIT THE UNIVERSITY OF ANDORRA OFFICIAL WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE
- Study In South Africa: Best university in South Africa to study technology and engineering
- 2019 Motorola Solutions Foundation Grants Program
- Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada
- United Kingdom: A Perfect Destination For World-Class Education
- 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students
- Top 9 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studying in the Philippines
- Study in Mexico: Tuition, Cost of Living And List of Top Universities
- Study In Switzerland: All you need to Know about University of Zurich
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa, 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum