Study Abroad In Belarus: Cost Of Living, Visa, Tuition & Top 10 Universities
Do you want to study abroad in Belarus? Know more reasons why study in Belarus, Belarus cost of living, top 10 universities in Belarus, Student’s Accommodation, Tuition fees in Belarus, Admission Requirements and Belarus Study Visa.
Belarus is a beautiful, small country in Eastern Europe. It is a landlocked country bordered in the north by Latvia and Lithuania. Ukraine occupies the southern border while Russia is the neighbour to the east. And the western border is occupied by Poland.
More About Study Abroad In Belarus: Cost Of Living, Visa, Tuition & Top 10 Universities
The country’s culture is heavily influenced by Russian culture. That is why the capital Minsk is dotted by several Russian styled-buildings. The country of about 10 million people speaks mostly Belarusian and Russian, the two official languages of the country.
Why study in Belarus
- The country’s educational system is well-organized and known internationally to be of high quality. International students whether undergraduates or postgraduates have a wide choice of courses and programs to choose from.
- Studying in Belarus is an opportunity to learn new languages as both Belarusian and Russian are spoken widely in the country.
- International students should expect a safe and welcoming environment from people who accept visitors with open arms. The cultural diversity is interesting too, with modern and old historical classical architecture competing for space with modern architecture.
- For international students on a tight budget, Belarus would be a good choice as the cost of living and study are modest compared to other countries in Europe.
Cost of living in Belarus
Belarus is a very cost-effective study destination for students coming to the country. However, the cost of living would depend greatly on location and lifestyle.
Below is the cost of some common items in Belarus:
- Transportation – $0.26 (local transport)
- Taxi – $0.30/km
- Monthly transport pass – $15
- Food in a modest restaurant – $6.67
- Milk – $0.57/liter
- Rice – $0.89/kg
- Eggs – $1.12/dozen
- Meat – $5.78/kg
- Utilities – $47/month
- Internet – $8.98/month
- Rent – $222/month for one bedroom apartment outside the city center.
International students won’t have to worry much about where to stay as most universities provide on and off-campus.
On-campus student accommodation cost between $15 – $50 depending on whether it is a single room or shared with other students.
Belarus Tuition Fees
Tuition fees in Belarus depend on the course of study, University and duration of course. Generally, though, international students pay between $2,000 and $4,000.
This makes it one of the cheapest destinations in Europe in terms of tuition fees.
Top 10 universities in Belarus
- Belarusian State University, Minsk
- Yanka Kupala State University, Grodno
- Belarusian National Technical University, Minsk
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Minsk
- Belarusian State Economic University, Minsk
- Belarusian State Medical University, Minsk
- Belarusian State Pedagogical University, Minsk
- Belarusian State Technological University, Minsk
- Gomel State University, Gomel
- Grodno State Medical University, Grodno
Foreign Students Language Requirements
International students coming to Belarus who cannot speak or understand the language must have to enrol for a one-year language study at some universities. In addition to studying Russian or Belarusian, they would also study maths and physics.
Students who failed the language study preparatory program after one year would not be admitted to their primary choice of study. They would be required to leave the country.
- Relevant secondary or university certificate for undergraduates and postgraduates respectively
- Scanned copy of passport
- Processing fees which vary according to university or program
The following documents must be presented in Belarus:
- Evidence of payment of University fees at the airport
- Medical certificate
- Travel documents
- Birth certificate
- Passport sized photos: the number to be determined by the school
- Original certificates
All intending students should note that approval to study in Belarus are granted by the Foreign Registration and Immigration office only and not by the chosen university.
Study visas are given to international students coming to Belarus. There are two ways of getting a study visa.
At the Airport
On arrival at the Minsk International Airport, students can show their invitation to study from the immigration and registration office to the airport immigration officer.
The officials at the airport then stamp/attach the study visa to the international passport of the student.
This option is only chosen by those who don’t have a Belarusian embassy in their country.
The Visa fee is not more than $150
At home country
Students from countries with Belarusian embassies can obtain a visa from the embassy. They should present the required documents including the study invitation by the Immigration office.
The time frame for getting the visa should be about two weeks all things being equal.
The study visa is then presented on arrival at the Minsk airport to immigration officials.
- Study In Austria: 68 Best Universities in Austria | Tuition Fees | ranking and Official Websites
- Study Masters in low Tuition Universities in Spain.
- Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates Scholarship for study in Austria
- Universities in Austria With Tuition Fees Ranging From €1500 to €3000 per Year
- 6 Reasons that Will Make You Consider studying in South Korea
- Study Abroad in Montenegro: Low Tuition, Low Cost Of Living at University Of Montenegro
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.