Medix College Toronto Scholarships, Courses, Admission 2019
Medix College Toronto is a private-for-profit, provincially registered career college established in 1993 which provides specialized medical career training to their students. For over 40 years Medix College has been providing industry leading Health Care career training for those looking to become medical professionals; training is provided by instructors with practical medical knowledge and professional on-the-job experience.
The college also has campuses in Brampton, Brantford, Kitchener, London, and Scarborough. Medix College of Healthcare has partnered with the National American University (NAU ) Canada Online to establish an articulation agreement which allows Medix graduates to transfer their diploma credits into NAU’s select Associate degree programs in Community Services Management and Information Technology.
Upon completion of the associate degree, the students will then be able to transfer these credits into one of NAU’s Bachelor of Science degree programs in Business, Healthcare Management, and Information Technology Management.
Medix CollegeToronto has three campuses across Ontario with each featuring state-of-the-art facilities, as the College believes in helping students to achieve quality education quickly. Medix College Toronto is accredited by the Ontario Association of Career Colleges (OACC) and the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC). Several of the certifications and recognition that the school holds include the;
- Ontario Dental Nurses and Assistants Association (ODAA)
- National Dental Assistants Examination Board (NDAEB)
- Ontario Society of Medical Technologists (OSMT)
- Laboratory Assistants Committee (CLA)
- Ontario Medical Secretaries Association-Health Care Associates (OMSA-HCA)
- Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Canadian Council of Professional Certification (CCPC)
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
Medix College Toronto provides training in healthcare programs preparing students for the ever-growing healthcare industry in Canada. The objective of the college’s healthcare program training is to equip the students with the most current theory and practical training necessary to become a successful health care professional.
The college’s curriculum relies on two fundamental principles; firstly, teach to foster an understanding of the material versus memorization of the material, and secondly, allowing the students to process information through practical experience.
Practical experience is provided to our students through laboratories and an opportunity to shadow experienced workers in the field. The professional healthcare training helps Medix students to secure employment in various prestigious health care organizations across Ontario.
Listed below are some World Scholarship Forum top scholarships
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships – APPLY NOW
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
Medix College is committed to providing its students with practical, hands-on training through courses that are designed to get them onto their career path quickly. Whether the students choose full-time, part-time or online studies, it’s easier now than ever to enhance their career by receiving a quality, recognized education. The Placement Department at Medix College provides eligible students with job search training and employment counseling to assist them in finding full-time employment.
Medix College Courses:
Although the available courses differ between campuses, Medix College offers diplomas in the following allied health careers;
- Community Service Worker
- Child & Youth Addictions
- Dental Administrator
- Developmental Service Worker
- Early Childcare Assistant
- Fitness and Health
- Intra-Oral Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy Advanced Standing
- Medical Lab Technician/Assistant
- Medical Office Administrator
- Personal Support Worker
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant.
Medix College Toronto Admissions Requirement:
Medix College has a four-step admissions process which includes; contacting the campus, a confidential interview, a business affairs assessment and the final enrollment. In addition, Medix College has three requirements which all future students must complete before enrolling into a diploma program.
Gr.12 OSSD/High School Graduate or Mature Student Status (18 Ontario, 19 out of province)
Successful completion of entrance evaluation and admissions interview; applicants may contact an admissions representative to set up an appointment. It is essential to set some time aside to visit one of the academy’s admissions representatives who will answer all the questions the student might have.
Once an appointment has been made, we will need to determine your academic and career goals. We also need to determine if you have the right attitude to be successful as a student at Medix.
A short assessment will help us determine your eligibility. We will then help you choose the best suitable program and class schedule to meet your career goals and personal needs.
Once we determine your qualifications for the program you have chosen, and have answered all your questions, we then schedule a business affairs appointment which will determine your eligibility with one of our many different financial aid options.
After you are comfortable with the financial plan you have put in place to attain your career goals, we then will enroll you into that program.
Medix College Toronto Scholarships:
Enrolling in a medical lab training may be a great way to enhance your skills and improve your career prospects. However, it requires careful planning to manage the costs associated with getting started.
Fortunately, there are many different financial assistance programs available to make enrolling into Medix college, easy and stress-free as possible. Whether the student is ready to begin their career, or they working, they can find financial help that is right for the situation. Here are some of the financial assistance options that can help interested students begin their studies.
- The Ontario Student Assistance Program Can Help Students Begin Their Medical Lab Technician Training
Students at Medix College are eligible for assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), which provides grants and loans to help higher institution students with the cost of their education. It’s a sure process that can potentially provide significant financial assistance for students to put toward medical lab technician training. Medix College has dedicated, experienced Financial Aid Officers who are able to provide one on one support to its students.
- Consider Using a Monthly Payment Plan for Your Medical Lab Tech Courses
The Business Affairs department at Medix College coordinates tuition payment plans with students, allowing them to divide their tuition and material costs into monthly installments to be paid throughout their time taking medical lab tech courses. Payments are interest-free during, making this a convenient option for students who can afford to pay little at a time. This option is tailored for students who would like to continue working at their current job throughout their studies. Course scheduling only requires approximately four hours of class time per day, leaving plenty of room for you to continue to work if you desire.
- The Canada Job Grant Is a Great Way to Get Started With a New JobThe Canada Job Grant is a great option for students who are looking to make a change in their professional lives. It is currently available to only three different kinds of the applicant; Employed individuals acquiring new skills for their current job, employed individuals preparing for a new job with the same employer and unemployed individuals seeking a new job. This program covers two-thirds of the cost of training which is up to a maximum of $10,000 and can only be used for programs that do not exceed a year in length, such as the college’s medical lab training program.
For More Information:
Contact Medix College at;
Toronto, ON campus at 700 Lawrence Avenue West
Hope this article was helpful? If NO; Please comment on the area you need improvement on so we can serve you better next time. We really appreciate your coming that’s why we are giving out our scholarship winning Ebook (Worth $50) to you for free. Just indicate interest using the comment box and the scholarship-winning Ebook will be sent to you.
- 25 Undergraduate Scholarships for Health Students 2019
- 24 fully funded scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- Best 17 Animation Scholarships 2019 -2020
- 15 Best Criminology Schools in UK 2019
- Ashland University Ohio e-sports Scholarship | Fortnite Scholarship 2019
- Crown College Tuition: Scholarships and Cost of Living in 2019
- 2019 International Training Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Teach for Nigeria Paid Fellowship Program 2019
- European Training Network POEM Women PhD Fellowships in Germany, 2019
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum