The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) in her bid to support and promote education, is delighted to announce 50 scholarships under the IsDB Merit Scholarship Programme, 2019-2020 for High Technology. The scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants effective September. Eligible persons are welcome to Visit www.isdb.org to fill the Application Form.
About IsDB Programme
The Scholarship Programmes are an important tool in the development initiatives led by the IsDB since 1983 to foster technology and knowledge sharing among member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries.
The Programmes are designed to attract talented male and female students and build the right competence required to empower communities with a special focus on “Sustainability Science” in line with the approved fields to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
What are the IsDB Member Countries
IsDB Member Countries are drawn from the various Islamic Emirates and Cities that formed. The IsDBMembership consists of 57 Countries.
The prerequisite of joining the system is just to be a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), also will be willing to pay levies to the capital of the Bank, by doing such accepts the terms and conditions as may be decided upon by the IDB Board of Governors.
- Saudi Arabia (26.57%)
- Algeria (10.66%)
- Iran (9.32%)
- Egypt (9.22%)
- Turkey (8.41%)
- United Arab Emirates (7.54%)
- Kuwait (7.11%)
- Pakistan (3.31%)
- Libya (3.31%)
- Indonesia (2.93%)
One of the Major Vision of this group is the www.isdb.org Scholarship 2019 Application. To see complete list Click Here
About IsDB Scholarships
For over (3) three decades, the Bank has been funding the following programmes for studies and researches in development-related fields and has helped to form a pool of over 9,000 well-trained and experienced development professionals and researchers transforming their countries and positively impacting future generations:
- Undergraduate Scholarship Programme: Since 1983, the programme has offered scholarship opportunities to 13996 students to study first degree-level education. So far, 8,987 have graduated and 2,379 are currently pursuing their study.
- Master Scholarship Programme: Since 1998, the programme has offered scholarship opportunities to 710 students to study masters programme. So far, 364 have graduated and 142 are currently pursuing their study.
- Ph.D. and Post-doctoral research Programme. Since 1993, the programme has offered scholarship opportunities to 1,201 students to study Ph.D. and undertake post-doctoral research. So far, 581 have graduated and 277 are currently pursuing their study/research.
- IsDB/ISFD Programme for Vocational Training and Undergraduate Studies: This programme is an IsDB new initiative for 21 LDMCs funded by the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD) for the next ten years, starting from 2018 aiming at promoting entrepreneurship and reducing poverty.
- Joint Programme with The World Academy of Science (TWAS) in Trieste, Italy for Sustainability Science, Technology and Innovation: This programme started in 2017 as an IsDB initiative for capacity building aiming at building critical mass in the fields of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI) to address the sustainable development challenges of its member countries.
- Partnership Programmes with Reputable top universities
- Setting-up Alumni for the IsDB graduates
- News & Events for the IsDB scholarship programmes
- Inquiry: To inquire about additional information on the programmes, please contact the IsDB directly the IsDB through e-mail: email@example.com
Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
The Programme was launched in 1983 with the objective to provide educational opportunities for the academically meritorious young students from member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue undergraduate or first-degree study in a university and to train them in specific fields to empower communities with a special focus on “Sustainability Science” to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in their communities and countries.
The Concept of the Programme
The Programme is more than just a scholarship programme in the traditional sense of straight financial assistance to qualified students.
It is also a tool for the improvement of the socio-economic conditions of the member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries as a whole.
It is a scholarship programme and a development programme at the same time since the students are required to play a leading role in assisting the development of their communities and countries. In other words, the IsDB aims to produce Good Citizens and Competent Professionals (GCCP) at the same time.
Benefits and Facilities
The programme covers full tuition to be paid directly to the university, monthly living and books clothing allowances commensurate with the cost of living in the country of study, health insurance, etc.
For the students who are selected to study outside of their own countries, the IsDB also provides them with economic class tickets to and from the countries of study (once at the beginning and at the end of study).
To help students prepare themselves for their future leading role in the development of their communities and countries, the IsDB also provides them with extra-curricular activities under a special programme called “Mentorship Programme” to ensure their academic progress and social and psychological integration in the university as well as the local community environment.
The Programme is open for academically meritorious students with a strong desire to engage in social services and community development after graduation. The prospective candidate must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Citizens of any of the IsDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries
- Completed senior secondary education (or the equivalent of approximately 12 years of education) with good grades in major subjects
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship at the time of application and during studies.
- Be medically fit and be willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Fields of Study
Under the programme, eligible students may apply only for studies in the following development related fields in line with the IsDB President’s new strategy to empower communities with a special focus on “Sustainability Science” to achieve the SDGs.
IsDB Host Institutions
Selected students must obtain an admission from one of the universities listed among the top universities in their own countries as per the attached list of approved universities.
For students who could not secure admission in their own countries, the IsDB will place them in top universities in member countries that have agreed to provide places for the IsDB students in their universities.
Interested students for the programme must fill in the application form. The application form must be properly completed, attach all the requisite documents and submit online. The applicants are also advised to check out the official page. To view the official site, Visit www.isdb.org
For More Infor Click Here https://worldscholarshipforum.com/islamic-development-bank-merit-scholarship-programe2017-2018/