Hurry now and apply for the 2nd Walailak University Cultural Camp 2018 (WUCC2018): WUCC2018 is designed In Honour of HRH Princess Chulabhorn Walailak: Cultures without Borders. The camp is slated for 16th to 23rd June 2018 at Walailak University, Nakhon Si Thammarat and Bangkok, Thailand.
The main objective of WUCC2018 is to promote a global students’ network among 160 international participants (100 non-Thai citizens and 60 Thai students from Walailak University).
Throughout the 8-day program, the camp participants will have the opportunity to EXPLORE Nakhon Si Thammarat Province, the historical city on the eastern part of southern Thailand, and Bangkok, EXCHANGE their cultures, ENGAGE in various activities among them, and ENJOY every moment together.
100 Non-Thai citizens and 60 Thai students from Walailak University. Walailak University students must apply through your School/Faculty.
The camp participants will only be responsible for:
– Round-trip international air-ticket to Thailand, Suvarnabhumi International Airport or Donmueang International Airport
– One-way air-ticket from Bangkok, Donmueang International Airport, to Nakhon Si Thammarat Airport on 16th June 2018
– Accident and health insurance
- An applicant must be a university student or graduate whose age is not over 30 years old on the camp final
date, 23 June 2018.
- An applicant must fill in the online application form and submit all required documents:
1) Profile Photo
2) Passport or any identification card with English Information, e.g. National ID Card, Driving License
3) Health Certificate, to certify that an applicant is in good health with no infectious or contagious
disease. He/she must use a provided form only.
4) Other documents referring to your current status:
- If an applicant is studying, the following documents are needed:
– Student Status Verification Letter
If an applicant is graduated, the following document is needed:
– Graduation Certificate
If an applicant is graduated and employed, the following documents are needed:
– Graduation Certificate
– Employment Verification Letter
- Essay and VDO Presentation
1) An essay with minimum of 600-1,000 words on the topic of “What is your view on cultures without
borders in the globalized world?” The essay must be a PDF format, using font Times New Roman 12
2) A two-minute video for self-introduction and essay. The video must be posted on your Facebook
together with a hashtag #wuculturalcamp2018 and set post’s privacy as public.
4. An applicant must prepare a national costume for a performance at a reception party and farewell party.
5. Deadline for application submission is 15th March 2018.
6. An applicant will be considered based on the quality of a written essay, video presentations, personal
profile and academic records.
7. Announcement of successful applicants will be posted by 1
st May 2018 on Facebook Page:
– Free accommodation
– Free meals
– Free transportation from/to airport and during the program
– Free one-way train ticket from Nakhon Si Thammarat to Bangkok on 20th June 2018
How to Apply:
Visit the Online Application Portal for more details.
The application is opened from now until 31 March 2018. The list of successful applicants will be announced on ciawalailak Facebook Page by 1st May 2018.