VISTA: University of York Fellowship Program 2018 in Canada
The York University is inviting applications for the VISTA Fellowship Program. The fellowship is open to high-caliber scholars doing postdoctoral research that is aligned with the VISTA program under the supervision of a VISTA core member.
Every Citizen of any Country is eligible to apply for the participate in the VISTA Fellowship Program. Entries are accepted no later than April 16 and September 7 on annual basis.
Level/Field of Study:
Postdoctoral program in science.
The VISTA Fellowship will be taken in Canada.
The winners of the VISTA Fellowship will receive benefit as follow:
- Fellowship: Minimum $55,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
- Distinguished Fellowship: Minimum $70,000/year + benefits for up to 24 months; + Annual research allowance $7,500 and + Annual networking allowance $1,000
All countries are eligible to Apply.
In order to be eligible for the VISTA Fellowship, please make sure meet the requirements as follow:
- Your application must be supported by a VISTA Core Member who would become your supervisor. VISTA Associate Members are eligible as co-supervisors with a VISTA Core Member;
- You must hold a doctorate in an area that falls within the VISTA mandate;
- A PhD or equivalent degree must be completed by the start date;
- Postdoctoral Fellows who hold an external award (e.g. NSERC) at York, and who have not previously held a VISTA Postdoctoral Award, are eligible to apply for a one year extension from VISTA during the final year of their award;
- Postdoctoral candidates who are employed at York University under the category of ‘Postdoctoral Visitor’ are only eligible to apply to VISTA during their first 6 months of employment (or until the first available VISTA Postdoctoral Award application deadline, whichever comes first);
- VISTA Postdoctoral Fellowship or Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants may NOT apply to work within the same research environment (i.e. institution or supervisor) where they completed their PhD.
- You must accept an offer with a start date: April applicants: No earlier than July 1 and no later than December 1 and September applicants: No earlier than December 1 and no later than July 1
- You must conduct research in the vision sciences that is aligned with the VISTA program.
How to Apply:
To apply this VISTA Fellowship, please go to the link below.
April 16 and September 7