University of Hawaii International Merit Undergraduate Scholarship in USA, 2018
The International Merit Award Scholarship is an automatic scholarship awarded to students for each year of undergraduate study.
About the Institution
The University of Hawaii system is a public, co-educational college and university system that confers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD degrees through three university campuses, seven community college campuses, an employment training center, three university centers, four education centers and various other research facilities distributed across six islands throughout the State of Hawaii in the United States.
The UHM Financial Aid Services is dedicated to making it possible for degree-seeking admitted students to attend UHM regardless of their economic circumstances.
Students and families who lack the necessary resources to pay for educational expenses are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This information is used to determine your financial aid eligibility. Each year they provide scholarships, grants, student employment, and loan opportunities to our students
Students who receive a New Warrior Scholarship are ineligible for the International Merit Award Scholarship.
What You Need To Know About This Scholarship
Worth of Award
- This scholarship allows students to pay a tuition rate of 150% of the University’s resident tuition rate. (valued at ~ $16,488 per year for each year of attendance).
- This scholarship will not be reflected in one’s MyUH Services Financial Aid Information. But rather, student tuition costs will be adjusted when registering for full-time courses.
All applicants whose native language is not English must submit an official TOEFL score report from a test taken within the last two years.
An official TOEFL score report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Admissions.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Who is Eligible To Apply for this Scholarship
- Scholarship eligibility is determined when an Admissions Application is submitted.
- A separate scholarship application is not required.
- International Non-Resident students.
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for admission, you must have completed or are in the process of completing secondary school with a cumulative or overall grade point average (GPA) equivalent of B or higher. The focus will also be on the grades/marks you have received for Mathematics and Science courses.
How to Apply: scholarship in Hawaii- it takes 1 minute to apply
- To be considered for financial aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A separate scholarship application is not required
To apply for admission, please submit the following:
- The University of Hawaii System Admission Application
- Official Secondary and Post-secondary School Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Scores
Deadline: applications close March 1, 2018
WE ALSO RECOMMEND