Australia being one of the most sort after study abroad destinations for international students who wish to pursue their educations in the country. in this article you will find a list of all low tuition universities to study abroad in Australia . we understand that most times finding a scholarship to study in Australia can be tedious but then International students pay tuition fees to study in Australia. Here are top ten (10) universities in Australia showing the cheapest (lowest fee) universities for students from abroad.
Study in Austraila- List of All Low Tuition Fee Universities
|University||Business degrees||Engineering/science||Arts and education|
|1. Australian Catholic University||$23,800||$21,000|
|2. Australian National University||$39,024||$41,040||$36,720|
|4. Charles Darwin University||$20,440||$26,000||$18,520|
|5. Charles Sturt University||$22,800||$18,400|
|7. Curtin University||$30,000||$34,000||$30,000|
|8. Deakin University||$28,952||$33,000||$25,088|
|9. Edith Cowan University||$27,600||$25,760||$27,200|
|10. Federation UniversityAustralia||$24,700||$28,800||$23,300|
|11. Western Sydney University||$24,280||$28,520||$22,680|
12. Victoria University
|13. University of Wollongong||$26,448||$32,400||$23,856|
|14. University of WesternAustralia||$36,000||$38,310||$30,000|
|15.University of the Sunshine Coast||$20,600||$20,600|
|16. University of Technology Sydney||$31,560||$36,220||$25,760|
|17. University of Tasmania||$26,500||$31,500||$25,500|
|18. University of Sydney||$38,500||$42,000||$35,000|
|19. University of Southern
|20. University of South Australia||$28,400||$33,400||$24,400|
- Fees shown are annual (per year) tuition costs for popular degrees.
- Fees may vary depending on course and unit choices.
- Most bachelor degrees take 3 years of study. Professional (or honours) bachelor degrees take 4 years. Masters degrees represent 1-2 years of full-time study.
Note for Australian students: Fees for Australian (domestic) students are subsidised by the Australian Government. For all study levels, HECS-HELP government loans are available to Australian citizens.
Lowest Tuition Fees for International Students
Tuition fees for international students are around $20,000 per year at Australia’s cheapest universities. If you want to study at one of these low-fee universities, you will be probably studying in country Australia. Tuition fees in big cities such as Melbourne and Sydney start at around $24,00 per year.
Low Tuition Fee Universities in Country Australia
Universities with low tuition fees are often regional universities. Being based away from major cities helps to keep costs down. Several low-cost universities also specialise in distance education.
The tuition fees list shows that the cheapest Australian universities for international students are:
- University of New England (Armidale)
- Charles Darwin University (Darwin)
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Southern Queensland
- Southern Cross University
Low Tuition Fee Universities in Capital Cities
The cheapest universities in Australian capital cities are often suburban universities. Tuition fees are lower compared to inner-city universities because there is less demand for places from students. The 5 cheapest capital-city universities are:
- Victoria University (Melbourne)
- University of Canberra (Canberra)
- Flinders University (Adelaide)
- Australian Catholic University (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra)
- Western Sydney University (Sydney).
Cheapest Universities in Melbourne
The cheapest universities here are Victoria University and Australian Catholic University. Both set tuition fees for international students in the low to mid $20,000s.
- ACU is a multi-state university with a strong Melbourne presence. Despite the name, ACU is open to people of all religions.
- Victoria University is based in the western suburbs but has teaching facilities in the city centre.
Another Melbourne universities with tuition fees often below $25,000 per year is Swinburne.
Cheapest Universities in Sydney
Sydney has 6 universities based in the city, with 3 in the mid-to-low cost range.
- Australian Catholic Universit is the cheapest, with a typical tuition fee of around $22,000 per year.
- Western Sydney University is next, with fees for international students starting from $23,000.
- The other Sydney University with some fees below $30,000 is University of Technology Sydney.
Cheapest Universities in Perth
The greater Perth area ghas 5 universities. The cheapest is Edith Cowan University (ECU). Average fees for international students are around $27,000. ECU is followed by Murdoch University.