The aim of the MOE PGS/PGA is to provide sponsorship for professional development in postgraduate studies to outstanding EOs in the 3 career tracks – Leadership, Senior Specialist and Teaching, and to build professional expertise in areas of need.
Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme. Senior Specialists may apply to pursue Ph.D. studies in relevant specialized areas. Master Teachers (MTT)/ Principal Master Teachers (PMTT) with minimally 4 years of MTT experience may also apply to pursue a Doctorate in Education (EdD) in subject-specific areas or curriculum and teaching, to strengthen their capacity to drive pedagogical excellence
Scholarships are awarded in education-related areas, commencing in the Year 2019.
Scholarship Award: PGS: Full salary, Full tuition and other approved fees, Book allowance, Maintenance allowance (for overseas studies only), Return economy air passage for the scholar and his/her spouse, where applicable (for overseas studies only).
PGA: Half salary, Full tuition and other approved fees, Book allowance
Number of Scholarships:
Numbers not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore and Overseas
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Singaporean citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To apply for the PGS/PGA, the applicant must:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or a Permanent Resident (PR) with intention to take up a Singapore Citizenship1 ;
- Have an undergraduate degree;
- Have at least 5 years of trained working experience in the education field as at 31 Dec 2018;
- Have demonstrated good conduct;
- Have at least one ‘B’ endorsed performance grade within the last 3 years, and demonstrated potential to take on higher responsibilities and/or leadership positions; and
- Have fulfilled the minimum service requirement for in-service milestone programmes or other professional development activities attended2, if any, before the commencement of their studies.
How to Apply: You will need the following information to fill in the form:
- Education transcripts and certificates
- Certificates of employment
- Prospectus of proposed course(s) of study
The form is to be submitted in softcopy to MOE_TMU-at-moe.gov.sg latest by 12 January 2018 (Friday). Late or incomplete applications will strictly not be considered.
- Application Deadline: January 12, 2018