Scholarship for African Students to Study Economics at University of Sussex in UK, 2018 :The Economics Department at the University of Sussex offers an annual Masters scholarship for suitably qualified candidates from selected sub-Saharan African countries on either the Development Economics MSc or Economics MSc.
Launched in Autumn 2008, this scholarship is funded thanks to the support of economics alumni and the Department of Economics.
The Masters programmes in both economics and development economics also benefit from having students from African backgrounds who bring important personal experiences from developing countries that can be shared with other students from more developed countries.
What You Need To Know About This Scholarship
Worth of award
The scholarship includes the full payment of the overseas tuition fee and a maintenance grant of £10,000 but does not include travel expenses to and from the United Kingdom.
- You must be a national of one of the following sub-Saharan African countries:
- Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- You must have completed your undergraduate degree in Africa.
- You must have been offered and accepted a place on either the Development Economics MSc or Economics MSc to start in September 2018.
- The successful applicant will be required to sign a Scholar’s Agreement provided by the Development & Alumni Relations Office.
How to Apply
- Applications are done online via their website. See link below.
- Contact [email protected] for more details.
Deadline: applications close May 1, 2018