Do you want to Study free in UK? here is the opportunity you have been waiting for The Rhodes Scholarships 2018 for West African Students. The Rhodes Scholarship 2018 is a postgraduate Scholarship or Masters Scholarship for Students from West Africa includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
The UK Scholarship for West African Students is designed to help Excellent and Bright students from West Africa study at the University of Oxford.
As the Oldest Scholarship Scheme in the world with the vision to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world’s future, Rhodes Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship which include; full tuition, a maintenance stipend, and flights to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure
Ninety five outstanding young women and men are awarded the Scholarship each year, from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide The Rhodes Scholars are equiped to pursue their dream study at the world-class University of Oxford in any full-time postgraduate degree (subject to limited restrictions) offered by the University of Oxford, for a duration of 2-3 years
Level/Field of Study:
The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate Scholarship for West African Students in UK in any course of choice.
The Scholarship is hosted in UK at Oxford University.
West Africa includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo. (you can also see other countries in the Rhodes constituencies and the countries they include.
- Whilst at Oxford Scholars enjoy a comprehensive Rhodes Character, Service & Leadership programme, inclusive of retreats, workshops, conferences, as well as many discussion and social events at Rhodes House, Oxford
- Rhodes Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship which include; full tuition, a maintenance stipend, and flights to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is a lifelong, intergenerational fellowship of over 5000 individuals, resident in over 100 countries worldwide.
Rhodes Scholarships for West African Students Requirements
The following are Rhodes Scholarships for West African Students Requirements. Carefully Study and Apply.
- Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of West African Countries stated above- (you can also see other countries in the Rhodes constituencies and the countries they include. If you do not meet any of these requirements, then you can apply for our new Global Rhodes Scholarship.
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not be deferred.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to a sufficiently high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford.
NB Some constituencies require completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship. make sure that you meet up the Rhodes Scholarships for West African Students Requirements then you’re sure to hit the best results.
Rhodes Scholarship West African Selection criteria
Applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships in West Africa are judge from the following criteria. Carefully study them to be informed
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
How to Apply
Currently applications for Rhodes West African Scholarships 2018 is not ongoing it officially kicks off on 1st June 2018. Here is the official Application Link for the postgraduate Scholarship for West AfricanStudents in UK
Opening date: 1 June 2018
Opening date: 1 June 2018
Closing date: Applications for West Africa must be received by midnight, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 30 September 2018