The Government of UK is delighted to offer applications for the Rhodes Scholarships 2018 for Singapore Students. The Scholarship was suspended as back 2008. The Rhodes Scholarship 2018 is a postgraduate Scholarship for Singapore Students in UK which aims at sponsoring exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
As the Oldest Scholarship Scheme in the world with the vision to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world’s future, Rhodes Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship which include; full tuition, a maintenance stipend, and flights to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure
Ninety five outstanding young women and men are awarded the Scholarship each year, from 20 Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) worldwide which Singapore among. The Rhodes Scholars are equiped to pursue their dream study at the world-class University of Oxford in any full-time postgraduate degree (subject to limited restrictions) offered by the University of Oxford, for a duration of 2-3 years
Level/Field of Study:
The Rhodes Scholarship is a postgraduate Scholarship for Singapore Students in UK in any course of choice.
The Scholarship is hosted in UK at Oxford University.
Singapore- (you can also see other countries in the Rhodes constituencies and the countries they include.
- Whilst at Oxford Scholars enjoy a comprehensive Rhodes Character, Service & Leadership programme, inclusive of retreats, workshops, conferences, as well as many discussion and social events at Rhodes House, Oxford
- Rhodes Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship which include; full tuition, a maintenance stipend, and flights to and from Oxford at the beginning and end of tenure.
- The Rhodes Scholarship is a lifelong, intergenerational fellowship of over 5000 individuals, resident in over 100 countries worldwide.
Rhodes Scholarships for Singapore Students Requirements
The following are Rhodes Scholarships for Singapore Students Requirements. Care fully Study and Apply.
- Citizenship & residency: You must meet the citizenship/residency requirements of Singapore- (you can also see other countries in the Rhodes constituencies and the countries they include. If you do not meet any of these requirements, then you can apply for our new Global Rhodes Scholarship.
- Age: You must have reached your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday on 1 October in the year of application. There is some variation on the upper age limit across constituencies depending on the local environment. Please check carefully the specific age requirements for your constituency before applying. Successful candidates will arrive in Oxford the October following the selection process. The Scholarship may not be deferred.
- Education: Rhodes Scholars must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before coming up to Oxford, to a sufficiently high standard to meet both the Rhodes and the Oxford criteria. Please consult the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you are applying on our How to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship page and the prospectus pages of the University of Oxford.
NB Some constituencies require completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship. make sure that you meet up the Rhodes Scholarships for Singapore Students Requirements then you’re sure to hit the best results.
Rhodes Scholarship Singapore Selection criteria
Applicants for the Rhodes Scholarships in Singapore are judge from the following criteria. Carefully study them to be informed
- literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
How to Apply
Currently applications for Rhodes Singapore Scholarships 2018 is not ongoing it officially kicks off on 1st June 2018. Here is the official Application Link for the postgraduate Scholarship for Singapore Students in UK
Opening date: 1 June 2018
Closing date: To be confirmed