- To be eligible for the program, candidates must have received their doctoral degrees (Ph.D., M.D. or J.D.) within five years prior to the start of the appointment.
- All doctoral requirements must be fulfilled and the degree awarded before the start of the research program.
- Gaps in employment or studies will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
To apply to the EI Research program candidates must submit the following documents:
* Online Application
* Curriculum Vitae
* Brief Personal History
* Research Proposal
* 3 Recommendation Letters
Research Proposal Format
Five (5) page maximum; double-spaced; one-inch margins; minimum 11 point standard font.
References are required but not counted toward the 5-page maximum. They should be included in the same document.
The research proposal should address how the proposed work will contribute to the goal of global sustainable development. Proposals may suggest participating in, contributing to, or extending existing multidisciplinary Earth Institute projects. Candidates are also encouraged to develop new, innovative projects that connect Earth Institute expertise.
Brief Personal History Format
Two (2) page maximum, double-spaced; one-inch margins, minimum 11 point standard font. The personal statement should include the following elements based on their relevance to your situation:
· Brief personal introduction and research statement
· Summary of any discussions you have had with potential mentors. Note: endorsement from a faculty member or researcher does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
· Gaps in employment or studies will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
· Prior postdoctoral positions – Columbia University policy only allows a cumulative maximum of 3 years in a postdoctoral position, whether held at or outside of the university. If you have prior postdoc experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017 by 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
For More Information: