The Obama Foundation awards the prestigious Obama Fellowship Programme to encourage Excellent students from around the world who have inspire civic innovation. President Obama announced in a video and e-mail the first set of Obama Foundation initiatives to inspire and empower young people to change their world.
What you need to know about the Scholarship:
The Obama Foundation Fellowship seeks to support and elevate outstanding civic innovators from around the world in order to amplify the impact of their remarkable work and to inspire a powerful wave of civic innovation. Obama Foundation Fellows will be a diverse set of twenty community-minded rising stars—organizers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, and more—who are radically altering the civic engagement landscape.
The two-year, non-residential Fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development. Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners and resources, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the program, each Fellow will pursue a personalized plan to leverage Fellowship resources to take their work to the next level. Applications for the inaugural fellowship class are open at Obama.org/Fellowship.
Level/Field of Study:
This is a two-year, nonresidential program. Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
The Scholarship is taken in USA
Fellows from all over the world are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships:
The inaugural class of 20 Fellows will be integral to shaping the program and the community of Fellows for future years.
The Foundation will cover transportation and accommodation for the in-person convenings. While theycan provide support in procuring visas, Fellows will be responsible for covering any visa costs.
Obama Foundation Fellowship Programme in USA, 2018 Requirements:
Applicants must be 18 or older. Foundation is looking for participants who are at a “tipping point” stage in their careers, rather than those who fit a particular age requirement. The Obama Foundation is looking for
- Civic Innovators: The Foundation is looking for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Discipline Diverse: The Foundation need people working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- At a tipping point in their work: Successful applicants have already demonstrated meaningful impact in their communities, gaining recognition among their peers for their contributions.
- Talented, but not connected: The Foundation is committed to expanding the circle of opportunity to include new and varied voices.
- Good Humans: The Foundation is building an authentic community. A strong moral character is essential for the strength of this community, the integrity of the program, and the longevity
Best Way to Apply for The Fellowship:
The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: The application deadline is October yearly