The Maastricht University (UM) under the new Orange Tulip Scholarship Scheme is Offering Scholarships to Indian students who want to study in the Netherlands. This Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
Maastricht University is a public university in Maastricht, Netherlands. It was founded in 1976, and became the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. About half of the bachelor’s programmes are fully offered in English, while the other half is taught wholly or partly in Dutch. Most of the master’s and doctoral programmes are in English.
Field of Study
Maastricht University Netherlands
Level of Study
100% tuition fee. Please note no additional allowance towards living costs or visa costs.
April 1, 2018
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Have the Indian nationality and you live in India
- Have a degree from a non-Dutch university
- Have not previously studied or worked in the Netherlands
- Have a very good command of English, both written and spoken. Required IELTS and TOEFL scores vary per faculty and study programme. To check your study programme language requirements, please see your programme’s webpage under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements.’
- Have good grades, at least a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 75%
- Have been admitted to a Master’s degree programme at Maastricht University
How to Apply
Step 1: Register for a Master’s programme at Maastricht University. For further details on how to register for a Master’s programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number.
Step 2: You may apply for the OTS scholarship at the Nuffic Neso office in your country. Please mention your student ID number when you apply at the Nuffic Neso office.
Step 3: Please contact your Nuffic Neso office for more information regarding the selection procedure.
Please be aware that the application for the OTS scholarship is separate from the admission to a Master’s programme at Maastricht University. OTS will make the selection for the OTS candidates, not the University.