Applications are invited for Mathcounts Scholarship for high school senior or students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree at an accredited college or university.
The MATHCOUNTS Alumni Scholarship Award is presented to an outstanding alumnus/a whose experience in a MATHCOUNTS program had an impact on his/her outlook on math and influenced his/her academic or professional pursuits.
The MATHCOUNTS Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides engaging math programs to U.S. middle school students of all ability levels in order to build confidence and improve attitudes towards math and problem-solving.
- Application Deadline: March 14, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarship is available for high school senior or students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree at an accredited college or university.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of science, engineering, technology or mathematics
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be awarded $3,000
- Nationality: USA
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- This scholarship is open to MATHCOUNTS alumni who are currently seniors in high school or students pursuing a two-year or four-year degree at an accredited college or university.
- A current high school senior refers to a student who is currently enrolled in school and who will graduate in the spring/summer of 2018. All students currently pursuing a two-year (Associates) or four-year (Bachelors) degree at an accredited college or university—regardless of their current year in the program—are eligible for this scholarship. In the case of college/university students who will graduate in 2018, the scholarship award can be put toward existing tuition bills or graduate school.
English Language Requirements: Meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by E-mail.
Follow all instructions and answer all required questions in the 2018 Application Form and Authorization/ Agreement of Terms Form.
- Complete the 2018 Application Form by typing or neatly writing answers in blue or black ink.
- Type or write your full name in the top right corner of each page of the 2018 Application Form, Authorization/Agreement of Terms Form and all typed written response
- Applicants can opt to type out responses to sections 3 and 4 of the 2018 Application Form, but wordcount requirements still apply. If you type your response to either of these sections on a separate sheet, write your name and the applicable section of the application at the top.
- The written response to the long-answer question must be typed and must adhere to word-count requirements specified in the 2018 Application Form. Write the question you are answering at the top of the page for your response and write the total number of words of your written response at the bottom of the last page. An example is included in the 2018 Application Form.
- Do not submit official or unofficial transcripts. Only scholarship finalists will be required to submit an official transcript, and MATHCOUNTS will contact those applicants about next steps after all received applications have been reviewed.
- Keep a copy of your completed 2018 Application Form, long-answer response and Authorization/ Agreement of Terms Form for your records. Submit the originals to MATHCOUNTS; originals will not be returned.
- All application materials must be submitted together as one application package or one email.