The Faculty of Medicine is offering scholarships for students starting full-time or part-time Master’s programmes in October 2018. Home/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Candidates are expected to be able to provide evidence of outstanding academic ability. This will usually mean being among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK Honours degree or equivalent.
- Application Deadline: April 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Nationality: Home/EU and Overseas
- A number of Scholarships and Award: The Dean’s Master’s Scholarship:
- Up to nine scholarships of $13324 available for applicants to study an MSc or MRes course run by the Faculty of Medicine beginning in October 2018.
- The Dr. Jean Alero Thomas Scholarship: A new scholarship programme for the Faculty of Medicine, offering up to two scholarships to Home and EU students for lab-based MSc or MRes Master’s Programmes.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Home/EU and Overseas students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have met the following criteria:
These awards are open to all students who make an application to the Faculty of Medicine by 24 April 2018 for admission to study for a full-time or part-time Master’s programme (or PG Cert for a course where that is the only route to the higher degree) at Imperial College London, starting in October 2018.
Please note that these awards can only be given to students who are studying a programme run by the Faculty of Medicine. For a full list of these programmes, please see our Master’s programmes page. If you are hoping to study a Master’s programme run by another faculty, please see a list of other scholarship programmes which you may be eligible for.
It is not essential for applicants to have already received an offer of a place on a programme, but the initial programme application must be made before applying for a scholarship.
Applications are accepted from talented candidates from across the world for the Dean’s Master’s Scholarships and from the UK and the EU for the Dr. Jean Alero Thomas Scholarships. Please see the Fee assessment guidance notes [pdf] if you are unsure of your ordinary resident status.
Candidates are expected to be able to provide evidence of outstanding academic ability. This will usually mean being among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class UK Honours degree or equivalent. An applicant who does not meet this requirement (e.g. holds a second class undergraduate degree, is a health professional who did not undertake a degree course, or is from a non-traditional background) will be considered if they are able to demonstrate that they have outstanding academic potential and substantial experience relevant to their chosen subject area.
English Language Requirements: Imperial College London considers IELTS scores [6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in all elements) and 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 in all elements)] to be valid for 2 years. Scores must be valid at the beginning of their studies at Imperial if their application is successful.
How to Apply: The deadline for Faculty of Medicine Master’s Scholarships 2018/19 applications is Tuesday 24 April 2018. In order to be considered for a scholarship, potential candidates will need to do both of the following:
- Apply for a place on a Master’s programme run by the Faculty of Medicine
- Complete the Master’s Scholarships online application form
It is not essential to wait for an offer of a place on a programme to be made before applying, but the initial programme application must be made before submitting the scholarship application. To apply for a Master’s programme, please use our online admissions system.