Applications are currently ongoing for the The KLASS Scholarship for Malaysian Students, 2018-2019. KLASS scholarship is a full scholarship with the underlying aim to benefit high achieving post-SPM Malaysian students. KLASS scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
The Alice Smith School is the oldest international school in Malaysia with a rich British heritage and a reputation for educational excellence.
Level/Field of Study:
Scholarship is available for entry onto A Levels in their Sixth Form. Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
KLASS scholarship is a full scholarship.
The Scholarship is Hosted in Malaysia
Malaysian students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will be very strong academically, aiming for an international level of education at a good university, and fulfil all the criteria for entry onto A Levels in Sixth Form. Together with academic merit, scholarships are awarded on financial need, as such the family of the applicant will be required to disclose income through tax returns.
- Given the completion of SPMs in November, it is understood that recipients of the KLASS scholarship will start in January. For this reason, the maximum length of the scholarship is 2½ years. It is anticipated, however, that scholars will complete their A Levels in five school terms, hence the scholarships will run from January 2018 to July 2019, with an extension of time into the 2019-2020 academic year only if required. From January until July 2018 of the first year, the scholars will join the second term of Year 12 where they will study four AS level subjects of their choice. They will then progress to Year 13 and take their final A Level examinations (usually three subjects) in their second year.
How to Apply:
Applications for the Alice Smith Scholarships are available online. These are the documents required to apply for an Alice Smith Scholarship:
- Completed application form.
- A 250-word personal statement (see notes below).
- A copy of your SPM forecast results and recent school report.
- A letter of recommendation from your current Principal (or teacher).
- A letter of recommendation from an adult outside the school environment who knows you through your extra-curricular activities, either sports, music, arts, or community service.
- A copy of your parents’ most recent Income Tax Return form and a copy of the e-filing document. This is confidential and is only used to determine financial need.
Application Deadline: The application begins October 2018