Applications for the Flinn Scholarship Program 2018 is Currently and officially Open. The Scholarshipsis designed for undergraduate Students in any Public University in Arizona.
The merit-based scholarship program, now 32 classes strong, covers the cost of tuition, fees, room and board and at least two study-abroad experiences. The overall financial package is valued at more than $115,000.
Flinn Scholars, who attend Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, or University of Arizona, also benefit from working with top faculty and researchers, meeting business and civic leaders in their field, and forming their own community and alumni network.
There is no blueprint for a Flinn Scholar. Flinn Scholars come from every corner of Arizona, and upon arrival at their university, choose concentrations in virtually every discipline.
Learn more about this competitive scholarship and how to apply, meet our Flinn Foundation team, and read about current and past Scholars throughout the website.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident;
- Be an Arizona resident for two full years immediately preceding entry to the university.
As a general rule, Flinn Scholarship applicants should:
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in a variety of extracurricular activities;
- Attain at least a 3.5 grade-point average (unweighted);
- Rank in the top 5 percent of their graduating class (if the school reports class rank);
- Score a minimum 29* on the ACT (composite score), or 1360* on the SAT I (ERW+M). We do not consider the writing section of the ACT or the optional essay section of the SAT. SEE MORE
The due date for the Flinn Scholarship application is Monday, October 23, 2017.