Entries are currently ongoing for the 61 International Fellowships at Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology, Spain. The opportunity is aimed to fund fee for International students carrying out their postdoctoral research at the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology.
The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology is a scientific initiative of seven of Catalonia’s research centres of excellence whose objective is to increase their levels of collaboration in order to build together a joint scientific project.
Its strength is based on the research capacities of the seven centres and its potential to promote multidisciplinary, cutting-edge projects.
Scholarships Number and Award:
PROBIST is a post-doctoral fellowship Program lead by the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. All together, 61 fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain) .
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
– An annual gross salary of 36.252,82€ plus a single payment of 1504,89€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
– Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious Senior Researchers,
– A personalized career development plan,
– A training program for scientific and transferable skills.
Education Level & Subject:
Postdoctoral research program in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
– Presenting complete applications including all requested compulsory information and documentation.
– Having not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline. You will be required to confirm your compliance through a self-declaration.
– Be in possession of a PhD degree at the time of the call deadline. Please provide evidence when you apply (e.g. scanned PhD-degree or documents that proof having read a successful PhD at the moment of the call deadline).
– Having not been awarded their PhD degree more than 5 years ago, at the time of the call deadline. Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave or serious illness. Other equivalent exceptions may be considered when properly documented and motivated by the applicant, e.g, in case of candidates from underdeveloped countries, minorities, and for applicants that pursued their studies under comparatively unfavourable conditions. Please provide evidence when you apply (for instance uploading additional documentation).
– Being main author in at least one publication in an internationally reputed journal at the time of the call deadline. Only accepted and published in print or online papers are eligible.
How to Apply:
The on-line submission platform for the first call will be open from 1 September 2017. The deadline for the submission of applications is 1 November 2017 end of the day (CET).
Please check the specific call parameters for detailed timelines and research topics.
Deadline: 1 November 2017