INSEAD MBA Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship for Africans, 2018/2019
INSEAD Business School invites applications from Africans for the INSEAD MBA Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship for Africans, 2018/2019. The scholarship is to honour the life and work of President Nelson Mandela of South Africa and is endowed by the INSEAD MBA Class of ’75 to provide financial support for one or more African participants per year at INSEAD in perpetuity.
Hence, MBA scholarship for African will go a long way in bridging that unavailability of fund to excellent student to pursue their MBA degree dreams.
What You Need To Know About MBA scholarship for African
Amount of Award
Up to €20,000
Type: MBA scholarship
- To be eligible for the Nelson Mandela Endowed Scholarship, candidates must be a national of a sub-Saharan African country
- and have spent a substantial part of their lives and received part of their prior education in Africa.
- Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
By way of their interests, activities, and accomplishments candidates for this scholarship will need to demonstrate:
- outstanding academic achievement and promise
- (b) aptitude for business and financial management
- (c) strong likelihood of spending the better part of their working careers in Africa and
- (d) a firm commitment to the goals of African development, understanding amongst peoples and public interest.
- In awarding scholarships, INSEAD shall particularly seek candidates from Southern Africa.
- In 350 words state why you wish to undertake the INSEAD MBA and why you feel it is relevant to your particular educational needs. Furthermore, explain how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country after graduation and discuss why you should be selected as the Nelson Mandela scholar in your class.
- In 200 words analyze what you consider to be the most significant issue relating to the society, politics, economics, or culture of your country or region today.
- In 150-200 words provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year at INSEAD.
How to Apply
- Applications are submitted online but you have to first apply for admission be accepted before you can be considered for the scholarship.
- You may want to apply for both simultaneously through the links below.
July 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 15 January 2018
Deadline: 29 January 2018
December 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23 April 2018
Deadline: 7 May 2018
Applications Open: 11 June 2018
Deadline: 25 June 2018
For information about applying for admission, click here.