How to Apply for Admission into Australian Universities as an International Student
Australian universities are affordable for international students. More than A$200 million is provided by the Australian Government each year for international scholarships, making it easier for prospective students to come and experience the best education in Australia.
To study in Australia you will need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government.
STEPS ON How to Apply for Admission into Australian Universities as an International Student
There are some steps you must follow, this including:
- Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
- Submitting your application to the institution.
- Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.
- Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).
- Applying for your student visa.
Requirements for Application
To begin studying in Australia, there are some entry requirements you may have to meet.
- Academic requirements.
- English language requirements.
- Evidence of funds to support your study.
- Overseas student health cover.
Here is a general guidance on entry requirements for the different levels of study:
- Higher Education Undergraduate – To gain entry into an Australian undergraduate course you will need to have an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12), or the overseas equivalent. Some undergraduate courses may also have specific pre-requisite subjects.
- Higher Education Postgraduate – As well as the satisfactory completion of at least one degree at the undergraduate level, your institution may take research ability or relevant work experience into consideration.know that the postgraduate comprises of both masters and PhD studies
How to Apply TO Study In Australia As An International Student
The application steps will guide you through your application processing. Below are the best steps to take in applying for Australian university admission. The steps are:
Apply for the course and school: The first step is to apply for the course you want. There are two ways to apply:
- Direct to the education provider: You can download the application form from the education provider’s website to apply without any third party. All you need to do is to provide the needed information for the application.
- Australian education agent: Most institutions partner with a number of agents in various countries. This most times helps the students to be guided and aided in the admission procedures and visa documentation. Details on the agents an institution works with can be found on their website or by contacting them directly.
You will need to prepare supporting documentation to send with your application. The documents vary depending on the course, provider and qualification you’re studying for. The most important documents include:
- Certificates that verify your previous study, including qualifications you already have.
- Evidence of your English language proficiency.
- Certificates or documents which verify previous study or work experience if you are seeking course credits. These must be translated into English.
Receiving/accepting your Letter of Offer
- If you have a successful application, the school will send you a ‘Letter of Offer’.
- To confirm your offer you must respond to this letter by signing and sending an acceptance of offer back to the institution by mail or, in some cases, by scanning and emailing the letter.
- This Letter of Offer serves as a contract between the institution and you, you will have to sign the contract for a confirmation that you aware of the terms and condition of the contract which involved the enrolment conditions, the fees you need to pay, and the refund payable if you don’t complete your course with that provider.
Receiving your Confirmation of Enrollment
After you have accepted your Offer and paid your tuition deposit into the school financial account, you will receive an ‘Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment’ (eCoE) by email. This is the outline of your course start date, tuition fees and the duration of the studies.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. The compulsory requirements you will need to meet are:
- Issued an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement. Read more about this on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
international scholarship to study in Australia 2018-2019
we believe that these information provided here is very is helpful do share with friends who you believe needs it.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND