Several Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Fellow Positions are now available in ICT (Helsinki, Finland). International students are eligible to apply for this position
What You Need To Know About This Scholarship
The University of Helsinki, established in 1640, is the most versatile university in Finland. The University of Helsinki is an international academic community of 40,000 students and staff members. The university lays special emphasis on the quality of education and research, and it is a member of the League of the European Research Universities (LERU).
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Several positions to be filled at Aalto University and the University of Helsinki in different areas of ICT:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning,
- Data science,
- Privacy and security,
- Computational health, and
- Human-computer interaction.
- Scholarship Award: The salary for the postdoctoral position is typically between 3 450 and 3 700 EUR per month depending on experience and qualifications. In addition to the salary, the contract includes occupational health benefits, and Finland has a comprehensive social security system. The annual total workload of teaching staff at recruiting universities is 1 624 hours. The position is located at Aalto University’s Otaniemi campus or University of Helsinki’s Kumpula campus.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Several positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Helsinki, Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The candidate should have a PhD and are expected to have an excellent track record in scientific research in one or several fields relevant to the position. Good command of English is a necessary prerequisite. In the review process, particular emphasis is put on the quality of the candidate’s previous research and international experience, together with the substance, innovativeness, and feasibility of the research plan, and its relevance to the research group or groups in question. Efficient and successful completion of studies is considered an additional merit.
English Language Requirements: Good command of English is a necessary prerequisite.
How to Apply: The applications for the postdoctoral researcher position are to be submitted through the eRecruitment system no later than 31 January 2018 at 23:59 Finnish time.
The application for the position should contain (in single pdf document named as lastname_firstname_application.pdf):
- Motivation letter including a tentative plan for the research work (1-5 pages)
- List of publications
- A transcript of the doctoral studies and degree certificate of the PhD degree
All material should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned. Short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview either at the Otaniemi or Kumpula campus or for an interview conducted via Skype. The recruiting universities reserve the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.