The Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship 2017-2018
The “Heroes’ Legacy Scholarships” program honors not only those who have fallen in battle, but all who have died or have become disabled through their active military service since September 11, 2001. The program is open to their dependent unmarried children under age 23. A disability is defined as one that results in the service member being eligible for, and receiving, Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (TSGLI) or a permanent and total disability compensation rating of 100%.
who can apply?(Eligibility)
Dependent unmarried children under age 23 of active duty personnel, Reserve/Guard and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty may apply for a Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship if they meet one of the following additional criteria:
- One of the parents died while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001 in any branch or component of the U. S. Armed Forces OR
- One of the parents, while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, became disabled – meaning that the parent qualified for receipt of Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (TSGLI) OR
- One of the parents, who was on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, received a permanent and total compensation rating of 100% from the Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The student must possess a DD Form 1173 (United States Uniformed Services Identification Card).
- Applicants must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate program of study leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university in the fall term of 2018. High school applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis). College applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50. College freshmen must submit a first semester college transcript.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLICATION DEADLINE : NOT AVAILABLE
APPLICATION OPENS : 15TH DEC. 2017
For more information : follow this link http://www.militaryscholar.org/legacy/apply.html