Fully Funded Yenching Global Symposium Renaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future will take place during April 12th – 15th and will include keynote speakers, panels of academics and practitioners, hands-on activities, site visits, and cultural immersion programming. Selected delegates will receive free travel and accommodation to Beijing for the length of the conference
Held in Peking University’ historic campus in Beijing, this four-day, fully-funded event invites prominent Chinese and international scholars with a noted passion for China in their work and research, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields. These young minds from around the world will converge for the 2018 Symposium, Renaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future. In a rapidly shifting global arena, Renaissance will be an exploration of China’s multi-faceted revival.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION ABOUT YENCHING GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM
Each year, the Symposium features prominent Chinese and international scholars, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields. These leaders of today will share their insights with their potential counterparts: 200 students and young professionals from around the world with a noted passion for China in their work and research. They are looking for thinkers and innovators, movers and doers, creatives and campaigners. People with big ideas and specialized skills. People who are convinced that China matters and have conviction of the role they’ll play.
Delegates selected to attend the Yenching Global Symposium will receive fully-funded travel, accommodation, and meals in Beijing for the duration of the conference. Apply Now. New friendships, insights and breakthroughs await!
Diplomacy Opportunities 2018-2019
How will attending the yenching global symposium help you achieve your goals? (Benefits)
- Selected delegates will have their expenses covered for a full round-trip flight to Beijing, four days of accommodation, and meal costs.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits.
- Participation in a global network of thriving China-passionate young people.
- Opportunity to explore Beijing and Chinese culture through immersive activities.
WHO IS QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR YENCHING GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM (Eligibility)
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in any field
- Available for the entirety of the conference from April 12th-15th, 2018
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums
- International English proficiency test score (at least IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1), if have not attended a university where English was the sole language of instruction
- Under the age of 30
How To Apply For Renaissance 2018
- Apply to become a delegate – by 11:59pm GMT on November 30th, 2017 to be considered.
Applications are highly competitive; they will only consider applicants who meet all the eligibility criteria and whose submissions are fully completed.
For more information, visit Yenching Symposium.