The European Union (EU) in conjunction with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) are delighted to announce the SHARE Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period December 2017 – August 2018.
The SHARE scholarship aims to enhance the overall student experience during the mobility phase, and specifically their experience in receiving credits for the coursework done abroad and the possibility to use these credits towards their degree at their home university.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to study at ASEAN or EU universities for one semester in the period December 2017 – August 2018.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The SHARE Scholarship covers tuition fees (waived by the universities), a monthly stipend/living allowance, return airfare, health insurance, a one-time settling-in allowance, study materials, and visa costs throughout the duration of the programme.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 500 scholarships are available, of which 400 scholarships are allocated for intra-ASEAN mobility and 100 scholarships for ASEAN-EU mobility.
Scholarship can be taken at ASEAN or EU Universities
- The SHARE Scholarship is meant for active undergraduate ASEAN students from selected ASEAN Universities that have completed at least 2 semesters at their home university to study for one semester at another selected ASEAN university.
- Exchange students can come from all ASEAN countries. Students from the ASEAN Member States, except for Brunei Darussalam and Singapore, are eligible for receiving scholarship funds from this program in line with the Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI) Regulation. However, students from Brunei and Singapore can participate in the mobility programme at their own cost.
Nationality: Citizens of ASEAN students are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia
College Admission Requirement
- Candidate should have completed at least two (2) semesters at their home university
- Candidate must be a national of an ASEAN Member State
- Candidate should be a student of a participating university
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Students will need to apply through the SHARE Scholarship online application system, available on their website. Candidates must apply online and submit the following documents:
- Letter of acceptance from host university (Candidates can only apply for a scholarship for selected English-taught courses)
- Letter of endorsement from home university
- Recent academic transcript (in English)
- Copy of valid passport
- Recent photograph (passport size)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 10, 2017.