Fully Funded Chinese Government Scholarship for Uganda students 2018-2019
This scholarship is a full scholarship for all levels, undergraduates, Masters , and Phd studies in china .
In order to further strengthen the mutual understanding and friendship between the peoples of China and Uganda, the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China invites qualified citizens of Uganda to apply for this Scholarship.
About The sponsor
The Chinese Government has been providing scholarships for Ugandan students to study in Chinese higher education institutions since 1980s. The Ministry of Education of China formulates Chinese Government Scholarship, and entrusts China Scholarship Council (CSC) to handle the enrollment of international students.
For the academic year of 2018/2019, Chinese Government Scholarship will provide full scholarships for Ugandan students who wish to study in China for Bachelor, Master or Doctoral Degrees.
What You Neeed To KnowAbout This Scholarship
Worth Of Award
The Scholarship will cover the fees for
- basic learning materials,
- living allowance,
- outpatient medical service and comprehensive medical insurance,
- international airfare for the first trip to China and returning trip after completion of study.
To be eligible, applicants must be a citizen of the Republic of Uganda, and be in good health.
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- be under the age of 45 and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study when applying for general scholar programs;
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programs.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(in Chinese or English).
- Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs or senior scholar programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit their own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (see the attachment) completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.)
Please submit the following documents if applicable
- Pre-admission Letter from Chinese Government Scholarship universities.
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOFEL report.
How To Apply
The process of applying for this scholarship is simple , just follow the procedure below.
Step 1:Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org and click “Scholarship Application Online for International Students“.
Step 2:Read “Tips for online application“ carefully before clicking “NEXT” to the registration page.
Step 3:Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click “Create an account” for registration.
Step 4:Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted. Your ‘Program Category’ is : Type A and ‘Agency Number’ is:8001.Once the correct ‘Agency Number’ is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5:Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completelyfollowing the steps listed on the left of the page. Applicants are required to select a discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6:Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application. The submitted documents will be the only reference for the applied universities to confirm the admission.
Step 7:You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: You can download and print the completed. Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form.
Step 9:Send the paper application form and other supporting documents tothe dispatching authorities if they requires you to do so.
- Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer (11.0).Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.
- Only Chinese and English are accepted for the online application.