Fully-funded ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries 2018-2019: ARES Belgium is offering 150 full scholarships in specialized masters and training courses to students from developing countries students to study in a French speaking university in the country as well as 70 scholarships in the framework of the training programmes to the nationals of the countries of the South.
Worth of Awards: Scholarships include tuition fees, living stipend, health insurance and a return ticket.
Rules of Selection
- Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file;
- Only the nationals of the following countries are authorized to postulate with our scholarships : Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia (only for trainings in English), Haïti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam;
- At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for masters, and less than 45 years old for training programmes;
- Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined, and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate;
- Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by an university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies;
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organised in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium;
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
How to Apply for Fully-funded ARES Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries 2018-2019
- it will be carefully completed and returned, ONLY by POST MAIL or EXPRESS MAIL, to ARES, that must be in their possession at the latest by the 8th of FEBRUARY 2018* (we do not hold account of the postmark, we take into account only the files arrived in our buildings for the date limits at the latest);
- NO acknowledgement of receipt will be provided;
- only applications presented on the appropriate form, and in the language of the programme, will be submitted to the selection committee;
- all elements of the file (application form AND required appendices) must be transmitted simultaneously AND properly stapled or bound in order to avoid documents loss. No complementary document will be admitted at a later stage;
- the candidates selected and of reserve will receive an e-mail at the end of the selections (June 2018). The non-selected candidates will receive an email in the end of June 2018;
- no document transmitted to ARES will be returned to the candidates;
- no treatment will be given to files that do not respect one of the rules of selection clearly mentioned on the website (certified diploma, age, professional experience…).
before the 11th of JANUARY 2018 for the following trainings:
- Stage en valorisation des ressources secondaires pour une construction durable
- Stage en contrôle de qualité et assurance qualité des médicaments et produits de santé
Deadline: to CUD, that must be in their possession at the latest by February, 8, 2018 (they do not take account of the postmark, they take into account only the files that arrive in their buildings for the date. So send your application early)
Download application form, click here.
For more information about the scholarship, click here.