The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
The Excelsior Scholarship application for the 2018-19 academic year for new applicants opens Monday, March 26th at 9:00am. Current Excelsior Scholarship recipients should not complete this application.
Excelsior Scholarship 2018 is been admistered by the Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC). The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is New York State’s higher education student financial aid agency. They are faced with a primary goal of helping people pay for college.
- New York’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- 20+ State scholarship and loan forgiveness programs
- New York’s 529 College Savings Program, with the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC)
- Financial aid outreach programs for students and families
Level/Field of Study:
The Scholarship is designed for Undergraduate and College Students in USA.
The Scholarship is Hosted in USA.
The Scholarship is for ONLY U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
The Excelsior is a financial aid programme that allows students study free. The Scholarship covers school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.
Excelsior Scholarship Eligibility:
- be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $110,000 or less;
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University;
- be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program;
- if attended college prior to the 2018-19 academic year, have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship;
- be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award;
- be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by a NYS award that you have previously received; and
- execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
To complete the application you will need:
- To complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the TAP Application
- Copies of 2016 New York State income tax return(s) filled by you and your parent(s) or your spouse, as applicable
- To receive subsequent payments after initial application, an Excelsior Scholarship recipient must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)and the TAP Application each year.
Excelsior Scholarship Application 2018-2019:
Current Excelsior Scholarship recipients should not complete this application. If you first received an award for the 2017-18 academic year, no additional action is needed for the 2018-19 academic year. To Apply for this year’s Excelsior Scholarship follow the link below. APPLY
July 23, 2018