Alibaba Business School and UNCTAD invite applications for its eFounders Fellowship for Young Entrepreneurs in China 2018 . eFounders Fellowship 2018 is open to entrepreneurs in developing countries for a two-week intensive course on e-commerce.
The eFounders Fellowship is a two-week course for entrepreneurs in developing countries who are operating open, platform-based businesses in the ecommerce, logistics, big data, and tourism spaces. The program will provide first-hand exposure to and learning about ecommerce innovations from China and around the world that enabled growth and a more inclusive development model for all.
With a focus on highlighting breakthrough innovations that have transformed society in China, the program will inspire each participant to think of creative frameworks based on prior expertise and new learnings that can be applied to their own home markets.
Participating entrepreneurs will be given the tools to improve their own ventures, but as ‘New Economy’ pioneers they will be expected to serve as network builders and champions of new ways to approach commerce in their own markets. UNCTAD and Alibaba believe these entrepreneurs can spread powerful new ideas around the world by creating impactful communities and empowering their peers.
- Identify and select high-potential entrepreneurs who can become industry champions and builders of a new e-commerce ecosystem in their country;
- Empower the participants to not only apply the gained knowledge in their home countries but also mobilize and inspire others to embrace the new economy paradigm;
- Create a local community of e-commerce champions who can support one another and continue to nurture the development of their ecosystems to ensure a measurable and sustainable impact within their markets.
Worth of Award
- The course tuition, accommodation and meals will be covered for selected candidates, participants will be expected to apply and pay for their visa application and travel to and from Hangzhou, China.
- The course targets young entrepreneurs in developing countries who are operating open, platform-based businesses in the ecommerce, logistics, big data, and tourism spaces.
- The course targets young entrepreneurs as part of an initiative on the digital economy for sustainable development that is jointly organized by the Alibaba Business School and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
How to Apply
- Applications must be received by May 4th, 2018 at 2 p.m. China time (GMT+8)
- Should you have any questions, please write to [email protected] .
Deadline: applications close May 4th, 2018 (2pm China UTC+8)
WE ALSO RECOMMEND