The Government of Columbia invites applications for the Colombian Government Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students in Columbia, 2018. this Postgraduate scholarships are open to foreign citizens of all nationalities who do not reside in Colombia or have Colombian nationality for 2018/2019 academic session.
Citizens of Hungary, Ecuador, France, and Peru cannot apply to this call. Since there are unique calls for them by Binational Government agreements.
colombian government scholarships for international students
Worth of Award
- UNINTENDED $ 197,217 will be awarded only once during the study period, only in case of force majeure and prior justification and request to ICETEX.
- MONTHLY STIPEND The sum equivalent to 3 Current Minimum Legal Monthly Wages will be granted: $ 2,213,151 Colombian pesos
- INSTALLATION EXPENSES $ 378,962 Colombian pesos will be granted for a single time at the beginning of the study program
- REGISTRATION Coverage of 100% of the total enrollment or tuition, awarded by the Colombian higher education institution (only for academic programs that are in the catalog attached to this call).
- BOOKS same as installation expenses and it will be awarded once a year.
- VISA The ICETEX endorses the application for the courtesy visa TP1. The candidate must process this visa at the Colombian consulate in their country of origin.
- HEALTH POLICY Broad coverage in medical assistance only in Colombia, during the study period.
NOTE : All these value are for the year 2017, which will be adjusted in 2018 according to the increase in the value of the legal minimum salary for 2018
- The candidate must have finished their university studies and have obtained the corresponding degree.
- Foreign citizens who do not reside in Colombia or have Colombian nationality.
- Accredit minimum professional experience of one year in their field of study, after having obtained the university degree. The academic program to be carried out should begin in the second semester of 2018.
- Admission to programs beginning in 2019 will not be considered.
- Do not be older than 50 years.
How to Apply
- This certificate will be generated automatically upon successful completion of your online application, which is why you must print it and deliver it with the other documents
- All application documents to the Call must be sent to ICETEX through the Embassy of the candidate’s country of origin, accredited in Colombia. If there is no representation in Colombia, you must send it directly to ICETEX with the presentation of your Ministry of Foreign Affairs or whoever takes your place.
Deadline: applications close June 1, 2018