Entries are ongoing for the BP Portrait Award 2018. The BP Portrait Award is the most prestigious portrait painting competition in the world and represents the very best in contemporary portrait painting. The Award is aimed at encouraging artists to focus upon and develop portraiture in their work.
What you need to know about the Scholarship:
The BP Portrait Award 2018 exhibition will run at the National Portrait Gallery from 14 June to 23 September 2018. It is in its thirty-ninth year at the National Portrait Gallery and twenty-ninth year of sponsorship by BP and continues to be an unmissable highlight of the annual art calendar. To enter the BP Portrait Award 2018 artists should upload a digital image of their work for the first round of judging. All images will be viewed by a panel of judges and the entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to a venue in London for the final round of judging and the exhibition selection, including Award-winners.
The Award is open to international and National applicants.
- First Prize: A cash award of £35,000 with a commission valued at £7,000
- Second Prize: £12,000
- Third Prize: £10,000
- BP Young Artist Award: £9,000
- All entrants aged between 18 and 30 will automatically be considered for both the BP Young Artist Award and the BP Portrait Award, but an individual cannot win both.
- BP Travel Award 2017: £8,000
BP Portrait Award 2018 Requirements
- The competition is open to all artists from around the world.
- Artists must be aged 18 years or over as of 1 January 2018.
Best way to Apply for the Scholarship:
Applicants must follow all the procedures given in the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: January 22, 2018