ASCD, a nonprofit dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading, is pleased to announce the ASCD 2018 Global Leadership Summit in Bosten in partnership with the GlobalEd Events, March 23, 2018, Mass. Teachers, school and district administrators, and thought leaders will gather at the one-day event to turn global competence ideas into implementable actions.
In a time of increased cultural diversity, global connectivity, and polarization of perspectives, how can leaders in classrooms, schools, districts, and education policy arenas support students with the competencies to thrive in college, careers, and as citizens in diverse communities?
The day-long Global Leadership Summit, is cohosted with the Global Education Conference Network as part of their Global Leadership Week, a weeklong convening of virtual and face to face events that provides resources and inspiration for teacher, school, district, state, and national leaders to further develop global goals within systems. Global Leadership Week is designed to elevate and broaden the global education dialogue and to focus attention on the urgent need to develop global awareness and competence in students and teachers
THEME OF THE SUMMIT
“It is imperative that as 21st century learners, today’s students are educated to be globally competent critical thinkers ready to engage in the world.”
How can leaders in classrooms, schools, districts, and education policy arenas support students with the competencies to thrive in college, careers, and as citizens in diverse communities? The Global Leadership Summit will convene classroom teachers, school and district administrators, and thought leaders in an interactive, engaging program that aims to move the needle on global education towards advocacy and implementable actions in classrooms, schools, districts, and policy arenas.
The Global Leadership Summit will provide participants the unique opportunity to
- Develop the capacity to lead classrooms and educational systems that teach students empathy, valuing diverse perspectives, cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills, and critical thinking and problem-solving around real-world issues.
- Network with innovative and inspiring teachers, principals, district leaders, thought leaders, and NGOs committed to educating students for a diverse, global society.
- Receive resources and generate new ideas that can help you make immediate changes in your educational context.
- Share best programs and practices in advocating for and implementing global learning initiatives with educators around the country and the world.
- Find out how you can get involved with and utilize ASCD’s resources on Global Competencies for Educational Leaders.
For information on Empower18 and registration information visit empower.ascd.org. For more information on ASCD and its products and programs, visit www.ascd.org. Visit www.globaledevents.comfor more information on GlobalEd Events.