Applications for the Ron Brown Scholar Program are currently being accepted. The Scholarship is intended to Sponsor Black/African American students pursuing their High School Degrees in the USA. The Successful Candidates receives $10,000 per year which is tenable for maximum four years.
The Ron Brown Scholar Fund is a 501(c)3 public charity, managed by an independent Board of Trustees. The Program which was named for the late Secretary of Commerce and inspired by his dedication to public service, focuses on encouraging civic engagement among Scholars while promoting academic excellence, community and lifelong interactions. Recipients are young African Americans of outstanding promise who are offered academic scholarships, service opportunities and leadership experiences.
Ron Brown Scholars receive four-year $40,000 scholarships ($10,000 each year).
Level and Area of Studies
High school level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested students for this Ron Brown Scholar Program must satisfy the criteria as follow:
- Must be Black/African American.
- Must excel academically.
- Must exhibit exceptional leadership potential.
- Must participate in community service activities.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a US citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.
- Be a current high school senior at the time of your application. NOTE: Current college students are not eligible to apply.
Only Black/African American students are invited to apply.
Please visit the website and application link below to see further instruction.
1 November each year.