Application are currently been invited from journalists all over the world for the 2017 MBL Logan Science Journalism Intentional Fellowships In USA, this program is with the objective of providing support for journalists.
The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) is an international centre for research and education in biological and environmental science.
Level: These fellowships are available to pursue the research programme.
Study Subject: These fellowships are awarded in basic biomedical and environmental research.
Institution: The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL)
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the following:
- Financial support for fellows includes the cost of the laboratory course (including additional weeks spent in Woods Hole or Chicago), tuition, housing, meals, and transportation to and from Woods Hole and/or Chicago. Fellows from other countries will be partly responsible for paying fellowships taxes for foreign nationals.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers with at least three years experience. Preference will be given to print, online or broadcast journalists with staff positions, although freelancers will be considered.
- Staff seniority is not a criterion. A basic knowledge of biological principles and methods is advantageous but is not essential.
- Journalists who previously participated in the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Environmental Hands-On Research Course. Journalists who previously participated in the Environmental Hands-On Research Course are eligible to apply for the Biomedical Hands-On Research Course.
- Applications from minority group members are strongly encouraged.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be professional science journalists, writers, editors, or producers with at least three years experience.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 1, 2018. Application materials to be posted by December. 31, 2017.