100 Fully Funded MOUNAF Scholarships for African Students, 2018-2019
MOUNAF (Mobilité Universitaire en Afrique) is a project for academic mobility funded by European Union under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral and master’s programme at Université Moulay Ismail (Morocco), Jimma University (Ethiopia), University of Limpopo (South Africa), Eduardo Mondlane University (Mozambique), Université Cadi Ayyad (Morocco), Université de Kisangani (DR Congo).
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Agriculture and food security, Engineering, including infrastructure and energy and Health & Environment.
Worth of Award
The MOUNAF individual scholarships will cover:
- One roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs for all scholarship holders (based on distance)
- A monthly subsistence allowance payable on a regular basis during the mobility period
Mobility Type Monthly Allowance
- Accommodation expenses are to be covered by the scholarship recipient and can be done from the monthly subsistence allowance. Host universities may be contacted to facilitate local accommodation (if any).
- Participation Costs which may include tuition fees, registration fees and service fees
- Research costs to cover the research activities (laboratory consumable costs, field research costs, registration for online research platform, etc.) of master students and doctoral candidates
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A settling-in allowance of €600 for masters and €900 for doctorates is paid once upon arrival.
- Female scholarship holders receive an extra allowance of €600/month for masters and €900/month for doctorates in case the mobility equals or is longer than 2 academic years. This allowance is paid per academic year.
- Scholarship can be taken in: Morocco, Ethiopia, South Africa, Mozambique and Congo RD
Masters and PhD students
To be eligible for the Scholarship, masters and doctoral students must:
- Be a national and resident of any of the eligible African countries.
- Target group 1 students must be registered or admitted to one of the Higher Education Institutions comprising the consortium at the time of application for the scholarship. Eligible students must therefore be registered/ admitted in or having obtained a degree from Moulay Ismail University, Jimma University, University of Limpopo, Eduardo Mondlane University, Université Cadi Ayyad and Université de Kisangani.
- Target group 2 students must be registered/admitted in or having obtained a degree from a Higher Education Institution not included in the partnership but established in one of the eligible African countries.
- Students are also required to have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
- Citizens of African countries are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Deadline: The application deadline is around August
WE ALSO RECOMMEND